You accidentally deleted photos from your Smartphone and don’t know how to recover them back? Or perhaps your smartphone crashed and you lost all your photos? Yes, it is a horrible thing to lose all your favorite memories. To help you recover deleted photos from smartphones, we have provided all the easy methods you can try to recover photos from iPhone or Android.
How To Recover Photos From Your Smartphone Using Photos App?
Depending on which smartphone platform you are using either Android or iPhone, choose the right method.
For Android –
In case of accidental deleted photos on your Smartphone –
- Open Google Photos App on your Android Smartphone.
- Scroll through the photos and Select the photos you want to recover.
- Now Tap on Three-dots icon on top right corner and Select Download / Save to device option to recover photos.
In case deleted photos on Google Photos App –
- Open Google Photos App on your Android Smartphone.
- Now Tap on the ‘Library’ button at the bottom and Select ‘Trash or Bin’.
- Select all the photos you want to be recovered and Tap on ‘Restore’ option.
See Also: How to Download Facebook Album Photos
For iOS –
In case deleted photos on your iPhone/iPad –
- Open Photos App on your iOS Smartphone.
- Scroll down, locate and Tap on ‘Recently Deleted’ Album.
- All the photos you deleted would be available here to be removed permanently from the phone after 40 days since deleted.
- Now Tap on the ‘Select’ button at top right corner and Select all the photos you want to Recover. Then Tap on the ‘Recover’ option.
In case deleted photos on iCloud app
- Open your favorite browser and Go to iCloud Website. Then Provide your login details and open your account.
- Now, Click on ‘Photos’ option from the list and then Click on ‘Recently Deleted’ Album.
- Here Select all the Photos you want to restore, then Click on ‘Restore’ button at top.
How To Recover Photos From Your Smartphone Using Cloud Backup ?
If you have backed up your smartphone data including photos, you can always easily recover them back. Follow below steps to recover photos from your Cloud backup.
From Google Drive for Android & iOS –
- Open Google Drive app on your Smartphone (Android or iOS). Scroll down till the ‘Google Photos’ folder or any other folder you have uploaded Photos from your phone.
- Here Select all the Photos you want to restore, Then Tap on the ‘Three dots’ button at the top right corner and Select ‘Download’ option.
From Dropbox for Android & iOS
- Open Dropbox app on your Smartphone (Android or iOS). Scroll down to ‘Camera Uploads’ folder or any other folder you have uploaded Photos from your Smartphone and Tap on it to open.
- Now Select all the Photos you want to restore, Then Tap on the ‘Three dots’ button at top and Select ‘Save to Device’ option.
Read Also: Best Ad Blocker Extension for Chrome
From OneDrive for Android & iOS –
- Open OneDrive app on your Smartphone (Android or iOS). Tap on the ‘Photos’ option from the menu.
- Now Select all the Photos you want to restore, Then Tap on the ‘Three dots’ button at top and Select ‘Save’ option.
How to Recover Photos from your Smartphone using third-party Data recovery software ?
If none of the above processes worked for you to recover Photos from your Smartphone then as a last resort you can try recovering photos using a dedicated third-party data recovery software for your smartphone like Dr.Fone by Wondershare. Dr.Fone helps recover data from both Android and iOS smartphones from either Windows or Mac systems, It is cross platform compatible and supports both smartphone platforms. Follow below steps to recover photos from your Smartphone using Dr.Fone software.
- Download and Install Dr.Fone Software on your System (Windows or Mac) from its Official Website.
- Now connect your Smartphone (Android or iOS) to your System using USB cable. Make sure USB debugging is enabled in Android Phone when you connect the smartphone to your System and for iOS you need to download the latest version of iTunes on Windows System.
- Launch Dr.Fone Software on your System (Windows or Mac), for example purpose we are using Windows System and Android Smartphone here for reference. And Select ‘Data Recovery’ option from the list.
- When your Smartphone is detected, it will show you types of data you can recover from it. Select the ‘Photos’ data type and Click on ‘Start Scan’ button.
- Wait till the Scan process is over, later you can preview all the scan results. Select the Photos you want to recover from the scan result and Click on ‘Recover’ button to Save them all on your System.
Q1. Can I recover permanently deleted photos from my phone?
If the deleted photos are in a bin or recently deleted folder then you can recover them until 30 days or else you can use a third-party app like Dr.Fone to recover permanently deleted photos.
Q2. Can photos be recovered once permanently deleted just now on Android?
Depending if the deleted photos are available in the bin/trash folder on your Android phone after being deleted, you can recover them before 30 days. If not as always you can use third-party data recovery software like Dr.Fone to recover permanently deleted photos on Android.
Q3. Can photos deleted from gallery be recovered?
Yes, if photos deleted from the gallery are available in the bin before 30 days from being permanently deleted can be recovered.
Q4. Can you recover deleted images from Android?
You can recover deleted images from your Android phone from the bin/trash folder if it has not been more than 30 days after deleted them.
Wrap Up –
There are many ways to recover photos from smartphones with simple steps, however if none of the easy steps work as a final option you can always consider using data recovery software like Dr.Fone to recover deleted photos from smartphones. Follow the above given methods diligently and for sure one of the methods will help you recover photos.
Next Read: Ways to Recover Unsaved Word Document