Do you want to hide apps on iPhone for any reason but have no clue how to do it? Yes, you can hide apps on your iPhone and that is possible for both – Apple apps and third-party apps you have installed. We have provided you various methods in this post, that you can follow to learn how to hide apps on iPhone. It can be hidden from your Home Screen or from showing up in search results and suggestions. Go through given directions for the different methods and pick the right one you are looking to hide apps on an iPhone.
Different Methods To Hide Apps On Your iPhone –
Hiding away apps on your iPhone can help you improve productivity, declutter your Home Screen and also conceal private apps from prying eyes. For whatever the reason, you can pick the method to hide app in iPhone from this list –
1. Hide Apps using App Library on Home Screen
- On the Home Screen of your iPhone, Press & Hold the app icon of the app you want to hide until the menu appears.
- From the menu options displayed, Tap on ‘Remove App’ option.
- On another pop-up menu, Tap on the ‘Remove from Home Screen’ option. It will remove the app from the Home Screen, but you can find it in the App Library of your iPhone.
This will only remove the app from the Home Screen of your iPhone, but will hide it in the App Library. Now to find the app, Swipe Left on your iPhone Home Screen till last until App Library shows up and search for the app from the search box at top. To unhide the app from App Library, Press & Hold again on the app and Tap on ‘Add to Home Screen’ option.
2. Hide an Entire Page of Apps
- Enter Edit mode on your iPhone Home Screen by Press & Hold anywhere on screen. Then Tap on the Home Screen dots visible above the dock.
- This will display all the pages on the Home Screen. Now to hide an entire page of apps, Tap on the ‘Check-mark’ below each page option. This will hide the entire page from visible when you swipe through Home Screen pages.
- In case you want to bring back the hidden page back on Home Screen, follow the above steps and Tap on the ‘Circle’ below the hidden page to ‘Check-mark’ it again.
Again this will only hide the apps inside the page you unchecked from visible on Home Screen, but all the apps on the hidden page are also available from App Library to access.
3. Hide Apps using App Folders
- Firstly, either select an existing suspicious app folder or create a new app folder to hide your app inside.
- To enable edit mode on Home Screen, Press and Hold anywhere on the screen until you see options on apps. Now the app you want to hide, drag it into the folder you have selected or created new.
- Tap on the folder to Open, now drag the app you want to hide again towards right so that it moves on to the second page of the folder. Only the apps on the first page are visible on the Home Screen.
- You can actually hide the app upto 12 pages deep, as long as you have one app in each page.
This method doesn’t really hide the app, but it sure does makes it harder to find it by scrolling through pages inside the folder. Good thing is that no one will know the app is inside the folder at first glance for sure on Home Screen.
4. Hide Apps from App Store Purchase History
- Open the ‘App Store’ app on your iPhone and Tap on your Profile icon at the top right corner.
- Now here, Tap on the ‘Purchased’ option on the list to view all the apps you have purchased from the App Store.
- Locate the app you want to hide and Swipe Left on the app to display the Hide option.
- Then Tap on the Hide button visible to remove the app from the list and will not show on the purchased apps list.
- Repeat the above step for any other app you want to hide and then Tap on the ‘Done’ button at top.
This will only hide the app from showing on the purchased apps list in the App Store and will not remove or delete the app from your iPhone.
5. Hide Apps from Search & Smart Suggestions
- Open ‘Settings’ app on your iPhone, Tap on ‘Siri & Search’ option from the list.
- Locate by scrolling down and Select the app you want to hide.
- Now, Toggle OFF the ‘Show App in Search’ and ‘Search Content in Search’ options. This will hide the app from Search.
- To hide from Smart suggestions, Toggle OFF ‘Learn from this App’, ‘Show on Home Screen’, ‘Suggest App’ and ‘Suggestion Notifications’ options.
After you turn off all the options mentioned above, no longer the app and its content will show in Search results or Smart Suggestions. If you want to unhide the app from Search & Smart Suggestions then follow the above steps and Toggle ON all the options mentioned.
It is useful to hide away apps you don’t use frequently or are not able to remove all together to declutter your Home Screen. The clean and simple Home Screen on your iPhone can improve a lot of productivity, and helps you with digital detox by staying away from useless apps. The above process will not remove the app from your iPhone, it will hide it away to make it harder to open the app. Depending on your requirements and needs, select the right option from given methods.